best digital pumped shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just ripped out contents of old shower room, and happily waved goodbye to the trickling shower it contained. I want a shower with real oomph.. any ideas?

its a gravity fed system, ordinary boiler (not combi)

Sponsored Links
theirs a few about now triton, grohe, mira.
i prefer and fit the grohe's over any of the others.grohe movario trio
being the common one you can pick what style of shower head you want.

triton do the satellite with the metis head being the common one.
aqualisa quartz digital
mira magna.
mira platinum.

Have just ripped out contents of old shower room, and happily waved goodbye to the trickling shower it contained. I want a shower with real oomph.. any ideas?

I wanted a digital shower but the cost was prohibitive so -
I bought a decent Stuart Turner 3 bar pump off ebay. Many people have these for sale because they all have to fit combi boilers now. Good pumps and should be fairly bullet proof. Cost less than £50.
Then look for an Aqualiza digital control box, also sold on ebay for less than half price but they are NEW! (non pumped version of course)
Then go to Aqualiza spares department and buy all the bits you need to fit together.
Tip - look on Ebay for the wired remote switches as they contain the digital cable. It is cheaper to buy a gold plated switch with the cable than buying a cable seperstely.Throw the switch away or resell it. They are cheap because no one wants gold.
The cable normally costs £24 on it's own and these cables are the same as the main digital unit cable.
I was lucky and bought two Blue led switches with two cables for £16 but that was a fluke.

You can easily connect all this up. One pipe down to the shower from ceiling. Costs less than half of a new one.

Check it out!

thanks both.. I think gathering all the bits together would be beyond me :( I was really interested in the Aqualisa ilux (I know, it is really expensive) has anyone any experience of it?

Sponsored Links

I wanted a digital shower but the cost was prohibitive so -
I bought a decent Stuart Turner 3 bar pump off ebay. Many people have these for sale because they all have to fit combi boilers now. Good pumps and should be fairly bullet proof. Cost less than £50.
Then look for an Aqualiza digital control box, also sold on ebay for less than half price but they are NEW! (non pumped version of course)
Then go to Aqualiza spares department and buy all the bits you need to fit together.
Tip - look on Ebay for the wired remote switches as they contain the digital cable. It is cheaper to buy a gold plated switch with the cable than buying a cable seperstely.Throw the switch away or resell it. They are cheap because no one wants gold.
The cable normally costs £24 on it's own and these cables are the same as the main digital unit cable.
I was lucky and bought two Blue led switches with two cables for £16 but that was a fluke.

You can easily connect all this up. One pipe down to the shower from ceiling. Costs less than half of a new one.

Check it out!

How much did that all come to? Because that sounds very interesting.

I am considering buying an Aqualisa Quartz Digital Exposed pumped shower, they seem to be available at about £470 inclusive and I would love to do it for cheaper. Of course you wouldn't get the boost flow option using a separate pump. I am amazed you got a 3 bar Stuart Turner pump for so little as they were about £200-300 when I last looked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back