Best exterior masonary paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

When i moved into my house over 2 years ago the white exterior garden walls were looking a bit drab, so in the summer of 2007 I set about painting them.
I discovered pebble-dash rendered walls are an absolute nightmare, it seemed to sap 2-or-3 times the amount of paint of a plain render.
Anyhows, I used B+Q's own white exterior render paint and it all looked great ... well for about 9months, then it turned a little yellow and now its rather yellow/brown !!
I intend to repaint it again this summer, but is there a superior paint (manufacturer/brand) that I should use, I was hoping to get more about 5-or-6 good years out of the wall before i'd have to readdress them.

All help is much appreciated
Regards
John :?:

Sponsored Links
Ah, I know one of the walls was a little damp behind it, more the reason I painted them in the summer, on the hope it would have been dry and try and lock the render with he painted surface.
Are there any treatments I can apply to the render/brick wall to remove the damp ??

Sponsored Links
Youll need to apply it to the other side of the wall not the decorative side..or put a waterproof barrier there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back