Best quality exterior masonry paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Does anyone care to offer an opinion on which is the best quality exterior masonry paint? I am looking for a smooth white exterior paint to redo the front of my house. It has a pebble dash surface at the top and brickwork at the bottom and has got an existing coat of paint on it which looks a bit tired. I have used Sandtex Ultra Smooth Masonry Paint for a small wall before but it really shows up the dirt so am not keen on painting the entire front if it looks like I need to repaint in a few years. Is Santex pretty much the same as Johnstone's and Dulux's exterior paints or is there a better paint out there?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
johnston and leyland paints give 15 years life span before need recoating they are as good as you get in the (smooth market) ;)

I like Dulux All Seasons Masonry paint. Oil based and rain proof in 15 mins , gaurenteed

Crown stonghold gets my vote..

Sponsored Links
It seems then that there is not much in it between the trade paints from the big players so I will see what the local stockist has in. Thanks all for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back