Best flooring type for outdoor office?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a good, durable floor for my office. The door to the office is external, so it'll be taking a lot of wear from wet, muddy shoes and dogs. The door is also a patio door, which has sunlight through it most of the day.
As its an office, a roller chair will be used on it

Can anyone recommend a good, strong floor that will withstand wet, mud, not get bleached from sunlight and wont scratch from dog paws and roller chairs?

I'm thinking some form of wood effect, however I'll be having a wooden desk, so don't want too much wood in the room

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A good quality Laminate like higher end Quickstep or Parador would be ideal. More scratch resistant and fade resistant than LVT and moisture tolerant on it's top surface too.

Always use felt pads under any tables, chairs or furniture likely to be moved when fitting any laminate, wood or LVT floor, good laminate will cope with wheeled chairs well, LVT won't.

Cheap laminate won't be up to the task. Engineered wood will mark easily.

Karndean probably, will still get scratched a bit, but will wear better than laminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back