Best Hybrid Inverter For Solar Setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for input with regard to the best type of Hybrid Inverter.
Setup in Spring will be:
12 x 475Wp Jinko Tiger Neo Panels
3 USC500 Pylontech Batteries
Octopus Agile Tariff - Not looking to export back to grid
With size of panels would be looking for a 5Kw inverter.

Your experiences & opinions would be grateful

Thanks

Jass

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sunsynk ECCO?

When choosing an inverter pay attention to the battery charge and discharge rate. The 5kW sunsynk can do 120A which is about 6.2kW. There are some like the growatt SPH 6KW that are limited to 3kW!!

The sunsynk does support the agile tariff where you can set min and max rates. Im not keen on cloud based solutions so have it hooked up to home assistant for control.

You may be able to get paid for export with a DIY install via octopus.

If you really want a DIY system have a look at the seplos mason battery.

Sunsynk ECCO?

When choosing an inverter pay attention to the battery charge and discharge rate. The 5kW sunsynk can do 120A which is about 6.2kW. There are some like the growatt SPH 6KW that are limited to 3kW!!

The sunsynk does support the agile tariff where you can set min and max rates. Im not keen on cloud based solutions so have it hooked up to home assistant for control.

You may be able to get paid for export with a DIY install via octopus.

If you really want a DIY system have a look at the seplos mason battery.
I will definitely look at that Inverter, thanks.

I have seen the Seplos Mason Battery, 15Kw for £2.5k which is amazing value.
Whether its a false sense of security but the Lifepo4 batteries in that are guaranteed for a year - the Pylontech for 5 years extendable to 10

Sponsored Links
I will definitely look at that Inverter, thanks.

I have seen the Seplos Mason Battery, 15Kw for £2.5k which is amazing value.
Whether its a false sense of security but the Lifepo4 batteries in that are guaranteed for a year - the Pylontech for 5 years extendable to 10
You can get it cheaper shipped direct from China (~£2k with EVE grade A cells). Might be a false economy but depends how DIY you want the install. The Seplos BMS etc is all available as spares. It is very unlikely the cells will fail but they are also available as spares. Pylontech do seem OK at sorting warranty problems though. I have the seplos and its working perfectly with the sunsynk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back