Best Oil For Oak Skirting and Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted light (american and french) oak skirting, frames and doors and applied Ronseal Danish Oil to one of the rooms... while it look ok, I prefer the colour of the original oak. Is there a brand that can be recommended to complete the job which reflects the original colour more?

Sponsored Links
Hi Crazy Horse,

Every manufacturer's Danish Oil is different. However, the one that Smith & Rodger manufacture http://www.frenchpolishes.com probably turns the timber the least yellow compared to all it's counterparts.

If you want to make sure the timber doesn't change at all then you really need to be looking at applying a single pack waterbased lacquer. Somthing like S&R's Aquacoat SP or Liberon's Natural Floor Finish. The only down side is that waterbased finishes will raise the grain and require sanding between coats (a lot of work if you're coating doors and skirting).

In my opinion I'd go for the Danish Oil, you won't be dissapointed.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
In my opinion I'd go for the Danish Oil, you won't be dissapointed.

I used danish oil long ago. Liberon, so it wasn't rubbish. However I was disappointed. Stopped using it and use pure tung or raw linseed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back