Finishing oil vs Danish oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me the difference between Danish oil and Finishing oil? So far I've done two oak doors and two rooms of oak skirting off of Liberon finishing oil, I've just as an experiment tried a third door with Danish oil and at first glance can't see a difference!

Also, is there anything to look out for with cheap products, eg Wilko vs Colron vs Liberon?

Thanks,

Russ

Sponsored Links
My two peneth , all worktops in my kitchen which are beech were done with Junkers Danish oil , absolutely brilliant . Howy

I used to use either Liberon Finsihing oil or (generally) Rustin's Danish oil for finishing hardwood furniture. The Liberon is a bit thinner, IIRC, and gives a slightly different sort of finish. Less "build" possibly. Really nothing to choose between them. As for the cheaper alternatives, I don't really know. Try a bit on some scrap and see.

I've only used the Liberon one but was highly recommended to it.
The only trouble I had was I got distracted yesterday and let it go sticky, I cleaned it up with some white spirit, sanded and re-applied and it gave it's usual finish.

Sponsored Links
How does Danish oil fair against varnishes and paint externally?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back