Best plaster for salt damaged wall/vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Salt build-up from chimney. Need to identify best DPC or ideally plaster I should use before finishing with multi finish. Also is a vent ok in the middle of a bricked up chimney? I forgot to add when I started bricking! Thanks
20220623_215004.jpg

Sponsored Links
i’d batten and board it. then you wont need to brick it up either and you can fit the vent at the bottom.

but in answer to your question sand/cement render with salt inhibitor/plasticiser/waterproofer such as renderpel or dryzone.

Thank you Godwasaplasterer

I'll have a think about best option. A friend has also recommended similar. 9.5mm plasterboard using Drygrip adhesive then finishing. I'd still want to apply some salt inhibitor first I reckon.

Sponsored Links
I’ve also used thistle dri coat for this and it was nice stuff to work with and did the trick. Multi took an age to go off over it as I recall…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back