Best quality kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm on the lookout for a new kitchen and can't decide on which make to go for.

Choosing from Wren, B&Q, Homebase, Magnet, Howdens etc, which one provides the best quality units?

Are there any particular makes I should stay clear of?

Many thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I fitted our Wickes Kitchen 8 or 9 years ago, the carcasses were very substantial and it's put up with a lot of use with no issues.

Would deffinitely buy another.

Wickes -Benchmarx. - same company, Benchmarx cheaper as trade only, but getting a trade card from them is simple.

I will be fitting my kitchen in the next 4-5 months if I ever get the damn extension finished. I’ve heard good things about DIY kitchens online. Supply only. Decent quality for a decent price. Probably getting mine from there if I have any money left!

Howdens are good solid units, but are limited in their range of doors; they're also trade only, but it's easy to knock up headed paper these days for either supplier. I did a B&Q kitchen last year which was self assembly, and only did it because the lady got the colour scheme she wanted there. Even gluing them, together as I went, they didn't come out as strong as Howdens units. Wren have nice kitchens, but work out the most expensive going, and Homebase high end units are about the same price, but can look better; at the cheaper end, they're about the same as homebase stuff.

There was a discussion about kitchen suppliers a few months ago, and there does seem to be some good quality online suppliers, so hopefully those guys will be along soon.

Have a look at Diykitchens.com. I looked online, seemed too good to be true so I went to their showroom in Pontefract and was very impressed with the range and quality.

They come full assembled and seem great to me.

Maybe, they did offer me a discount if I dropped a parcel off at a restaurant in Manchester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back