Best quality ladders anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i sinned.
purchased a step ladder from my local orange DIY store, and nearly killed my self as the bottom legs are far to close together,

then a year later

I buy 1 of thier realy dodgy loft ladders, is it my imagination or is the make just cxxp and should be banned...

anyone got a good recommended manufacturersof ladders, not industrial as way to exspensive but a fair price and saftey a must.

OJ

Sponsored Links
Is it for your guttering you've mention in another post? if so, the safest way is scaffolding or hire a tower, then paint or renew your fascia board while you're there, you see the job getting bigger already ;)

HIya
no im having some one in to water butt the guttering.

Im concerned regarding teh quality of these ladders i feel from loft hatch hieght form the step ladder, and then teh actuall loft ladder its self is junk.

But with the place i brought them being a major high street branch places become limited to knwo where to go to find better.

Many thanks, and yeap scaffolding is what has bumped passed jobs up.
Try to get round it where i can.

OJ

Sponsored Links
They look so GOOD.
I frirst saw it on TV it looks amazing is it anygood as its alot of money.

Sometimes the TV ads are rubbish, so i was scepticle.

Thnaks
OJ

If you're buying a ladder, the trade association has several "standards" of quality, from domestic DIY (cheap rubbish) through builders and scaffolders (which I think is the top one). I think there may be a BSI on it that deals with rigidity and strength.

This one seem a good idea for limited of space and car boot, a little pricey though but looks good as it's telescopic.

Hmmm, I'm thinking about that one at the moment, keep them coming lads :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back