Best Tiling Cutting Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got advice on what is the best deal on Tile Cutters i.e. Diamond Wheel Tile Cutter etc ? Also is there a Tile cutter that can cut curves on tiles ? Thanks for any advice........

Sponsored Links
Just get one of the plasplugs cutter from B&Q if you are diying. They work a treat and about £30.

Good idea - get a sh*t tool and do a sh*t job on the cheap.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for advice lads, though, i bought an "Tile-it Diamond wheel tile cutter" for £30. However , JPC could ya send an url of the small (115mm) grinder that you would most recommend ? cheers.

i use a bosch....an old knacker.

i'd buy another one thou.

it depends how much use ur going to get out of it.

they start from £12.99 ! (plus a diamond wheel)

if ur going to use grinder for any longer than a day, get a quality wheel.
£10-12 or over

I just bought an electric tile cutter from Wickes. It's go a tray underneath that you fill with cold water to keep the cutting wheel cool. It cost me forty five quid and I'll tell you it's the best forty five quid I ever spend on D.I.Y. I was cutting a tile 450 mm square by 10 mm thick, it cut through the tile in about six seconds perfectly. I tried an angle grinder, it chips the ceramic surface off of the edge of the cut, it's a poor second choice, by the time you pay for an angle grinder and blades and considering it's not as neat a job you should go for the electric, cooled cutter, perfect cut every time and very quick too.

Yeah, it's probably good compared to a crap blade for an angle grinder. Try a Marcrist blade in your angle grinder and you'll have a different opinion. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back