Best water Proofer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be dashing my house soon and wondering what is the best type or water proofer to use? I'm using a sand and cement scratch coat with a white cement and normal sand finish and sunflower dash.

The person doing the plastering uses Jewsons own waterproofer in both coats but i was wondering if this is cheap stuff? I have quite an amount of Sovereign SBR bonding agent which i have left from a tanking job and was wondering if this would be better or if anyone can reccommend a good waterproofer?

Sponsored Links
The blue colour one from Sovereign is good for stranded render, I've used many types but that's my preferred one.

A blue tub or blue liquid? This is in a red tub but gives a bluish colour when you mix it in with water.

blue liquid in the tub, they do a pink one as well that's more for tanking, check their pdf speck sheet on their web site.

Sponsored Links
Hi, the blue liquid in the white tub is called rendermix but i would only use it in the scratch coat.

I spoke to the supplier and they sent this info back.

Adding SBR to the mix will improve the qualities of the mix , improving both its water and salt resistance and will also increase its strength and give its flexibility.

I would added SBR to the gauging water at the ratio of 1 part SBR to 4 parts water

SBR can also be used to primer surfaces to stop too much suction again mix with water- for application on to the substrate before rendering 1 part SBR to 5-6 parts water.

Also can be used as a bonding coat please see Technical data sheet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back