roughcast: is 10mm stones to big

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my first post, just wondering - I have a 32msq are to cover with wet dash. It is an old cottage, the back and side need wet dashed, the rest is already done. It was done on large chips. 10mm is the closest I can get to match the rest. Is 10mm to big, will they slide down the wall easy or sag.

Going to mix it at 4stones: 2 Sand: 1 Cement: and half of lime

The wall is already scratched with waterproofer and im gong to put on an 8mm butter coat then dash

Sponsored Links
If already has w/proof scratch then put a 6-1-1-(sand lime cement) butter coat on,
Your right with the top coat, but make it 4-2-1-1 don't put anything else in this mix Stone size should be ok,, ;)

If already has w/proof scratch then put a 6-1-1-(sand lime cement) butter coat on,
Your right with the top coat, but make it 4-2-1-1 don't put anything else in this mix Stone size should be ok,, ;)
Does it need lime in the butter coat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back