Wet dash roughcast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone here shed some light on a problem I have encountered.
I have been asked to roughcast a garage which was previously done about 4 yrs ago.
The wet dash finish is boss in a few small areas but the biggest problem is the myriad of cracks both horizontal and vertical on every elevation,

I started cutting it off but apart from the odd boss patch the roughcast,dashing coat and scratch coat are solid so much so that the surface of the block comes off with the coating.

From what I could find out the blocks are Brand and Rae 4.5 N built at 6:1 scratch coat is the same,dashing coat 6:1 also and the roughcast is 5 chips 1 sand 1.5 lime and 1 cement.All this came from the builder who after this length of time has turned his back on it

The owner said the cracks first appeared about 12 months after completion and have got worse over time.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I proceed further.

The garage is built in 140mm blocks and apart from the cracking seems a good job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back