Best way to end internal drain run inside kitchen

oly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New single storey extension is going to cover existing very shallow manhole that serves my kitchen sink/dishwasher/wash machine so it will be come internal.

It is end of run (my drains only) so I'd ideally like to replace it with a much smaller sealed cover, preferably inc. some sort of rodding eye – anyone know of such a thing/used one and is it likely to be approved by BC?

If it is small enough it could be entirely beneath the kitchen sink cupboard so effectively invisible and not need any kind of floor covering fitted into it.

I could leave the base out of cupboard so it easily accessible.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'd use of of these: http://www.plastics-express.co.uk/s...&network=pla&gclid=CLWX-6TEjsMCFS_MtAodjSQApw If the other end is accessible from a manhole and it only has wastes going into it, then this option should be more than adequate.

Alternatively fit a boss pipe or soil manifold at or just above floor level, with a screwed cap in it if you really require access, but trying to clean that out from inside a kitchen cupboard would not be for the faint hearted.... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back