better introduce myself

spc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry about the multiple posts the last 24 hours, im laid up after lifting 2 tubs of putty in the truck and am bored stiff.

If you havent gathered already, Im into lime conservation, solid, fibrous, running moulds limecrete floors pargetting etc. I fall on to gypsum when I get a little slack. Im originally from rutland but have just moved out norfolk way (oh i do like to be beside the sea side) :LOL:

please feel free to ask me any questions, ive been doing this for 20 years+ :cry:

Thats me in a nut shell, I have a few piccies on my profile, ill add the strawberry hill ones next week

Sponsored Links
pargetting tools were the best place the get them from then

pargetting etc. I fall on to gypsum when I get a little slack. (oh i do like to be beside the sea side) :LOL:
hi spc, have you got any pics of your pargeting? im a great admirer of it, i have done training with lime a few years back on a heritage course, but never stuck with it, one of the boys i was with went on to do a busary with a pargetter known as bill sargent? who does some really nice work, if you got any pics m8 post em

to be honest, i wouldnt have a clue, most of mine are hand made essentials include combs, joint rules, kidney forms, trowel and square small tools and leaf and square of varying sizes, silicone squeezes can help if you are trying to match existing or failing patterns. try model shops? if there is some thing you have in mind? send me a pic and ill try and help you out

Sponsored Links
bill seargent worked with a good friend of mine paul marriot who worked on andrew lloyd webbers dome commissioned by cooks. google the pics, theyre are awesome, henry, son of jeff orton was at twickenham with me. working on the harling for skillingtons under philip gasches.

ill dig out some more pics

Edit: get yoursef on amazon if this type of thing interests you?

Donhead do 2 invaluable books, 1: plastering plain and decorative by william millar 2: plastering by sawyer with a foreward by jeff orton

ignore taylors book and also john ashirst, dont waste your money

haha i did wonder where you had popped up from spc you seem like a very knowlegable guy im sure itll be a pleasure adviseing with you. welcome pal

Good to know you SPC,,, it's good reading your posts, and your pics are great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back