Better storage combi than vaillant ecotec plus 938?

150ltr cylinder heated to 60 will do 2 10-15 min showers on its own.

The 4 pipe with the sensor will cut in within minutes of hot water draw off and put 35kw/h (model depending) through the coil

I've fitted loads of these systems and not one of them has ever run out of hot water.

Sponsored Links
I think you guys have won me over. I'm tempted to go the unvented route after all - probably a 150L Gledhill or Telford cylinder with V100 boiler. But is there a minimum flow rate / pressure if i go this route? Plumber thinks it'll be fine as i have the blue pipe into the property.

Sponsored Links
Having recently installed both the 111 and the new version of the 200 combi, and repaired those 2 200 series system boilers, after being given totally the wrong part numbers and advise from the Viessmann technical Dorris; yes.

£450 for a PCB, plus shipping from Germany due to stock shortage in the UK? You're having a laugh :LOL:

Having recently installed both the 111 and the new version of the 200 combi, and repaired those 2 200 series system boilers, after being given totally the wrong part numbers and advise from the Viessmann technical Dorris; yes.

£450 for a PCB, plus shipping from Germany due to stock shortage in the UK? You're having a laugh :LOL:

I personally prefer the 100 range.
Not had to buy a pcb yet but they are half that.

Going off topic a bit now but did the 200 have the "push fit jig" I've not done one, sounds a **** idea to me.

The new jig is a joke.... Complete throwback to the original CDi. Even down to the silly diagonal crossmembers that don't quite sit right, yet are essential for getting the bottom connections to line up.

The 35kw is just about a one man lift. The display is cool to be honest, and the HEX is what it is. Outside of those two things I think the rest of the boiler is vastly over rated.

Last edited:
I would suggest the Viessann 222 but every installer has their favourite.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek:

would you really recommend a viessmann 222 , have you worked on them before and the OP might as well get a second mortgage for its fine service it will provide:):whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back