Biased Bloody Corporation

It's all unknown - hahah. You are such a laughable troll. So please tell me in your words what happens to trade if we have no single market access or customs union.

What do you think will happen ?? The EU sells us more than we sell them .....do you really believe they'll cut their nose off to spite their face.

Wake up there's a bigger world than the EU ....SPAIN GREECE PORTUGAL and ITALY near to bankruptcy and you think we should be locked in to the EU edifice ! Go away.

Sponsored Links
What do you think will happen ?? The EU sells us more than we sell them .....do you really believe they'll cut their nose off to spite their face.

The UK sells a much higher percentage of its exports to the EU, than the EU sells to the UK.

.....do you really believe the Quitters will cut their nose off to spite their face?

Yes.

And blame someone else.

BTW, what's the meaning behind your tag line, or whatever it is that gets stuck to every post: "If at first you don't succeed, consult an expert"

It's called a signature. Check it out under your username; and it means exactly what it says, so I'll leave you to muse over it a little longer.
So why do they teach economics? Or politics, or philosophy, or sociology, or anthropology, or biology?

There's a difference in teaching or learning something, and then putting yourself up as an expert on the subject; as you say, that's often the pompus part of the situation. But for the most part, and definitely in the Brexit debate, the experts tried to convince everyone else that they knew what they were pontificating on, and then got proved wrong.

And of course we follow the politicians that resonate with our own viewpoint; very few have an inbuilt filter to determine how much bulshyte they're being fed, and not many are detached enough from the situation to see it clearly. Human beings have a need to integrate with others so follow a tribe and herd instinct, and that tends to defeat rationality.

The UK sells a much higher percentage of its exports to the EU, than the EU sells to the UK.

You should be a politician John using figures in that way. The EU, being 27 countries against out one, have a far higher combined volume of sales than we do, so whilst the percentages may seem in their favour, in absolute terms, they sell more to us than we do to them. But the EU commisioners will cut off their noses, and spite their members faces in order to try and maintain the EU in the form they want it to be. They have gold plated jobs and pensions, and will happily ignore the clamour from the problems they cause.

Sponsored Links

Wake up there's a bigger world than the EU ....SPAIN GREECE PORTUGAL and ITALY near to bankruptcy and you think we should be locked in to the EU edifice ! Go away.

You should read more. Go do some research on the EU Russia trade and then see what the EU did when it came to sanctions - they wouldn't place sanctions because of all that trade......but they did. You have a very binary view of things and its either because you like to troll or you don't have the comprehension.

The world you talk about we will be trading on what terms?

There's a difference in teaching or learning something, and then putting yourself up as an expert on the subject; as you say, that's often the pompus part of the situation. But for the most part, and definitely in the Brexit debate, the experts tried to convince everyone else that they knew what they were pontificating on, and then got proved wrong.

Experts like Dominic Cummings?

I'm thinking of knocking a wall down in our house. I am going to replace it with a couple of extra walls when I build the extension in a year or so.
I reckon it will be OK, the wife thinks so too, and the kids. The grandparents aren't so sure, but they'll be OK when I've done it and the house is bigger.
I have asked a couple of experts and they said the house will fall down. But what do experts know? Ugh!

Anyway, we've had a vote and we're going to do it. We'll prove the experts wrong. And if the house does fall down, it'll be their fault for trying to stop us!
Using Noseall's words, "Crap analogy".

You should read more. Go do some research on the EU Russia trade and then see what the EU did when it came to sanctions - they wouldn't place sanctions because of all that trade......but they did. You have a very binary view of things and its either because you like to troll or you don't have the comprehension.

The world you talk about we will be trading on what terms?

Whose bothered ? you really don't get if do you ? People voted for independance from the EU irrespective of trade economics or whatever.
You really need to read some alternatives to the remain blurb that's out there.

the EU commisioners will cut off their noses, and spite their members faces

remind me, which country has a government that has announced it doesn't want membership of the European Single Market?

Oh I'm so sorry John, I didn't realise your dementia and progressed so much. Actually, there isn't any country where the government has decided to leave the EU, but I can tell you that the electorate in England voted to leave, and the UK government has agreed to go along with that vote.

Now if you have any more problems understanding things, do feel free to ask; we're always glad to help you.

Expert opinion is derided because it does not chime with their beliefs and that's the crux of the issue a belief system.

You mean like religion deriding historians?
An excellent analogy.

There is a brilliant series on Netflix called Dirty Money of which one episode covers Trump.

These are salient comments by the documentary maker.

The final film in the series focuses on Trump, who has been covered endlessly over the past couple of years. What more was there to add?
The essence of Trump’s appeal was that he’s a great businessman, so therefore he’ll be a great president. We thought, OK then, let’s take a focused look at what he was like as a businessman.

Not so great, it turns out…
He was an absolutely terrible businessman. Every business he touched withered and died and he would always leave someone else holding the bag. You look at the trail of slime he left behind and just shake your head and wonder.

Why do you think people are still buying into him?
It’s something I dealt with in my film about Scientology: some people just have the need to believe in Trump. They come to feel that he represents part of their character. No matter how much evidence you present to them about what a bad guy this is, they don’t want to hear it, because somehow an attack on Trump is an attack on them.

Can you imagine him staying the course?
Yes I can. A similar thing happened in Russia when Putin rose to power: everybody mocked him as some small apparatchik who wasn’t going to stand the test of time. But power has a way of solidifying.

I am not sure if you are being patronizing or condescending.

Both; it's a thing between John and I; he does it to me all the time, and I occasionally do it back.

However it would appear that your signature is in conflict with your hypothesis that experts are just "sticking fingers in the air"
If you actually read my signature properly, you'll find it read "if at first you don't succeed, find someone who knows more than you do", says nothing about experts, so why are you conflating the issues.

It is now reckoned that the BoE's decision to reduce interest rates was just an unnecessary knee jerk reaction, and may well have made matters worse.

The government has not explained what Brexit means, because it's a negotiating process. If you tell the other side what you want straight away, they know where your weak points are.

Market forces didn't intervene to avoid negative economic results; the exchange rate drop was a panic reaction by the markets, and exactly what the government wanted to happen, because the pound was overvalued.

Thus, rather than decrying the economists predictions and policies, we should be lauding them for their foresight and courage in implementing policies to avoid their own dire predictions.

I'm not sure if you realise just how much of a contradiction this is. The dire prediction were designed to make use vote differently, they weren't intended as policy to determine a course for the future. As their predictions didn't come true, then their so called expert status can be called into question. George Osborne was fired by TM, so didn't implement anything, and neither has Hammond, so no policies have been put in place to counter the decision to leave the EU, yet we are stronger now than before the vote. And yes, as Noseall always states, we haven't yet left, and there will rough times ahead, bu none of the predictions to date have come to fruition, and no plicices have been implemented that would explain the current economic situation.

We can all do that, without years of education. In my experience education is a fundamental process of avoiding mistakes
Unfortunately, history tends to show that we don't learn from our mistakes, and continue to make the same ones time and again. Very few poiticians stay in office long enogh to learn from their mistakes, even if they were able to.

Sponsored Links
Back