Biasi 24s Combi Boiler - Problem firing up and staying lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Biasi 24s Combi Boiler. This is the problem I am experiencing with it:

The boiler is only igniting and staying lit, say once out of 15 attempts. It seems very noisy, almost if there is an air blockage.
When it does manage to light, it only stays lit for between 10-15 seconds and then goes out. The red lock-out light is not coming on. However, the boiler operating green light flashes very quickly; accordingly to the manual this means the boiler is faulty (I gathered that ;-0)

After 20 minutes or so, the boiler does stay lit and will be fine if left on. It's when it's left off for a while and tries to ignite then the problems seem to arise.

Ive looked at the pressure gauge and it seems low, I think ? It at 0.6bar. Does that sound reasonable?

Could anybody give me any suggestions as to the cause of this problem.

Thanks for reading my post.
Gareth

Sponsored Links
any sign of something blocking the flue?
how long since last service?

any sign of something blocking the flue?
how long since last service?

Last service I do not know unfortunately, as only recently moved into the property and previous owners didn't leave anything regarding the boiler other than the manual.

No, flu doesn't seem to be blocked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back