biasi boiler problem

When in diagnostics mode, and running the bath taps the two green lights indicate DHW operation, flashing alternately whilst the red ligh remains off!!
any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Thats the normal sequence showing its in DHW operating mode.

Does it stay just like that when the "fault" occurs?

Tony

Oh Sorry, that was with the fault present, it was displaying those lights!
The engineer phoned Biasi and they reckon it is the pcb that needs changed,

If you have the PCB which I listed, then a fault when just the ignition lockout light by the red button flashes four times is not something to be expected under any conditions.

That PCB is very reliable as its based on the previous design.

Whilst it might be the PCB, at the moment I would not expect it to be the PCB.

If you do get it changed then would you post me to old one as I am interested to test/examine it.

Remember that we can only comment on the information which you have given us.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help Tony,
I can only go on what the engineer has discussed with Biasi and they seem certain it is the board and I hope so as at over £200 it is a costly error,
If it gets changed
I will of course send you the old board for your tests or whatever,
apparently the replacement board now has 6 wee dip switches but the Biasi tech have told the guy what needs doing number 4 must be down or something, I beleieve,
anyway I will post again after the next installment

Its easy for any tech help to say they think its the PCB but when they do that they have to assume the person calling has checked everything else.

Whilst it could well be the PCB in your case, be aware that at most manufacturers they are not engineers who are experienced in fixing boilers who answer the phones. Instead just people who are recruited to answer the phones and their background can be from almost anywhere.

An advert for Baxi tech help in Leamington has the amusing note "no previous experience necessary".

Tony

Couldn't agree more Tony, some people on technical help lines are awful!!

It never fails to amaze me how comprehensive these Biasi MI's are!! Just look at the details for this boiler!! Making these appliances easy to repair & great value.

Thanks Telly Tony another interesting one.

Hi Tony,
Well the pcb seems to have cured the problem,
Although it is considerably different from the board that came out, looks totally different, components on the underside also unlike the old one it has 6 dip switches we were advised to set them all up apart from 4 seems ok anyway,
Thanks for all your help Tony
I can be contacted on [email protected] if you want me to send you the old board,
Thanks again,
John

Tony, how do you feel knowing that you were wrong? just wondered how you would deal with it, this being the first time..........

Whilst it could well be the PCB in your case,..........Quote, unquote!!

How does that make Tony wrong son??!!! We're on a forum, not standing in front of the appliance...... :rolleyes:

Hi Tony,
Well the pcb seems to have cured the problem,

Although it is considerably different from the board that came out, looks totally different, components on the underside also unlike the old one it has 6 dip switches

Thanks again,
John

Thats the later version which is closer to the M96 design but still very different. It does not seem as reliable as the original you had!

Because only a few are being sold they were not bothering much with the fitting instructions for the replacement PCB. The word helicoidal is not exactly a normal word in English!

These non condensing boilers have now been discontinued although I helped someone who had fitted one just today who was panicking because it was not working on heating and he did not want to upset the owner by having no heating for the first weekend.

Tony

cos he said he expects it not to be the pcb.........but it might be! sit on the fence or what!! could say that about any part and be 'right'!

Whilst it could well be the PCB in your case,..........Quote, unquote!!

Did you have any formal education Gasman77? As you clearly have difficulty with reading & comprehension.

I'm suprised you can read anything with your nose so far up Tony's backside. Is it a new tactic to try and get back in the CC Dickie?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back