Biasi M90E 24S Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a problem with my Biasi M90E 24S boiler, which is about 9 years old.

When I switch the heating on it normally works for about an hour, then the hot water and the radiators will go cold, although the boiler still sounds like it is working.

I have to switch the heating off for about 10-15 minutes and then turn it back on again, where the same thing happens.

However over the past few months it has become more unpredictable, from turning it on and it will work all day long (heating and hot water), to only lasting for about 20 minutes. This morning the hot water took over an hour to get hot again.

As you can imagine this is quite annoying.

I did get a plumber out to have a look at it and they said it was a faulty sensor (not sure which one) and they replaced it, however this made no real difference.

I called them out again and they said that another sensor needed replacing and gave some other unhelpful advice.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some thougths on why this is happening and what can be done to fix it.

My wife is saying we need a new boiler, but I am hoping that this problem is something easy to fix and I don't need to get a new one.

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Whilst I cannot tell you exactly whats wrong with your boiler as I have never seen it. what I can say is that it can be repaired but not by the nupty you seem to have called!

One wonders if or how you paid him for not fixing your boiler?

That model is totally repairable by a competent boiler engineer.

Perhaps not by a plumber though!

Tony

I appriciate that no one can say exactly what is wrong with my boiler, but it would be good to hear if there are suggestions about what could be wrong.

I will be contacting a new engineer to get it fixed, but it would be good to have an idea of what could be going wrong so it has a better chance of being fixed when they are with me.

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
I will be contacting a new engineer to get it fixed, but it would be good to have an idea of what could be going wrong so it has a better chance of being fixed when they are with me.

Stuart

How on earth do you think that you are going to be able to help someone why repairs boilers for his living?

All you are saying indicates that you want to be told whats wrong with it to repair it yourself.

One also wonders how you choose these nupty engineers who cannot repair simple boilers!

Would you like to give your postcode and then I can see if it was an area that I could cover without too much travelling as I can guarantee that I can diagnose the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back