biasi M90e 28s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
working fine then one morning, wining noise on starting- no hot water no heating no pilot light, it start as if you are going to get hot water and stops after 15 seconds the green light start to flash fast. model biasi M90e 28s any help??. i called a gas safe engineer and he inspected the boiler, the fan rotate freely if the boiler is off, when switched on it seizes! does that mean the fan needs replacement?, the engineer did not check (by Ohm meter ) to see that there is any resistance across the coil ,makes me unhappy about his opinion.thank you.
i need help in this issue.
Robert

Sponsored Links
There is no pilot on this boiler ! Fan seizing up ?? or fan seized up ??

Logic might ? dictate that this may be a problem ????

working fine then one morning, wining noise on starting- no hot water no heating no pilot light, it start as if you are going to get hot water and stops after 15 seconds the green light start to flash fast. model biasi M90e 28s any help??.

i called a gas safe engineer and he inspected the boiler, the fan rotate freely if the boiler is off, when switched on it seizes! does that mean the fan needs replacement?, the engineer did not check (by Ohm meter ) to see that there is any resistance across the coil ,makes me unhappy about his opinion.

i need help in this issue.

Robert

I am unhappy with the way you seem to have treated this engineer! It leaves me wondering if you paid him ??? Normally you call an engineer and he diagnoses the fault and proceeds to effect a repair.

I dont know what his capabilities are! But nothing you have said indicates anything wrong with what he has done at all.

What assurance can you give me that he was paid ? Perhaps emailing me his name and number so that I can check with him?

Then I will be able to tell you what is wrong with your boiler.

Tony

OP, why do you think there is a need to take resistance readings here? SURELY, if the fan revolves smoothly when not powered and then failts to run when powered up, there is NO NEED to check the coil resistance as the engineer knows the fan is faulty

Sponsored Links
the reason is simply- i do not know, i assumed to check the elecrical appliance you need to check the resistance!, so you think that it is the fan,need changing?
Robert

You dont seem to have read my reply?

Was the RGI p[aid for his attendance?

Why did he not complete the repair?

Tony

To Tony,Agile
thank you for your reply.
the engineer was treated fairly, obviously you are not obliged to help in this issue or any issue at the same time you have no write to assume that the engineer was treated less fairly than normaly the situation demands, the reason i said i'm unhappy about his opinion is :1. i do not know, hence this post.
2. he seemed not sure what was wrong,.
3. he did not offer choices to remedy the problem and can not offer advice about changing the boiler all together.
as always there are always plenty of work in this market and many gas engineers.thank you again.

Unfortunately, you have not said that he has been paid ! I therefore have to conclude that you are a cowboy customer .

Some of the unfortunates in our industry choose to come out free and diagnose the problem expecting the customer to engage them to fix it for them.

I know exactly what is wrong with your boiler!

I also know that you have no idea and imagine a resistance measurement has some relevance in this case.

Unless I knew the engineer had been paid then I will not be telling whats wrong!

I ALWAYS charge to diagnose a boiler fault and thats on a fixed proice basis advised in advance. Thats where the skill lies. Any monkey can change parts. I expect you wanted a free diagnosis so that you could change something yourself.

Tony

thanks.
he was paid 42£+vat for 1 hr of his time, he thought it might be the fan and need to order it, we phoned the stockist and as the boiler BIASI they have to order it, i want to make sure it is the Fan (from this forum) before i order the fan as it is expensive and the Gas engineer wanted 2 hrs work to replace it. thanks again

i answered your question .
you are right to say that i have no idea, yet you contradict yourself in saying (wrongly) that i wanted to know what is wrong so that i can change it myself, Tony it is a Gas appliance and no one wants to put himself in danger of an explosion or electric shock!. thank you any way.please do not assume things that are not there, the whole issue is to make sure before you buy expensive parts.Robert
note- Tony to use the expression ,cowboy customer, is inappropriate in this context.

OK, I will take it that he has been paid.

About 2003 Biasi had a batch of fans which were failing.

They exhibited a magnetic fault whereby the power caused them to lock up rather than rotate. I think the shorted turns on the stator fracture and become open circuit.

Measuring the DC resistance will give the normal value of about 42 ohms because the coil is not faulty. However, the impedance will be different but few boiler engineers would even know how to measure that.

The fan is faulty and takes about 25 min to change. I replace parts like that within my diagnostic fee.

Tony

FAN changed by the engineer (fan cost 95=VAT), same problem, the engineer was very good this time he took both fans and checked them at the electrician shop- the old one working when plugged to a power supply and registered 41 Om, the new one obviously worked as it is new, WHAT is next?
the engineer said and i did not understand the expression- ""that he does not want to go to a washing machine circle or drill"" and suggested to change whole boiler at a cost!!.
any suggestions,less costs.thank you
Robert

What you said in your first post is incompatible with any normal situation.

However, this engineer is clearly incompetent and not only can he not diagnose a simple fault but he does not know how to test a fan himself.

He should return the £42 diagnostic fee and you should get a proper engineer.

He is just an installer with no diagnostic skills and comes hoping to persuade you to let him fit a new boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back