Biasi Riva Advance HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Recently moved into my house, boiler seems to be working OK, It's a Ravanheat band D SEDBUK so about 78% efficient but probably around 72% now as years old.

Looking for a plumber to potentially replace it like for like (system wise as it's a combi) and install a Biasi Riva Advance HE.

2 people I know have got one and it's lasting a good 5 years so far, no problems. Looking into it it's got a stainless steel heat exchanger which is another good point for reliability and as it's been out for quite a few years it should be pretty damn reliable im hoping.

Also looking to have an in-line scale reducer fitted on the cold mains to boiler and also a magnaclean on the C/H circuit as I have read lots of benefits about them.

Looking at Net you can get a Biasi Riva Advance HE 24kw (which Is all I will need as current one is about that) for £616 inc VAT.

So firstly (with regular servicing) is it a reliable boiler? and secondly replace my Ravenheat combi with this one with a scale reducer and magnaclean installed do you think we are looking at about £1300 from a decent plumber?

Kind regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Its a very reliable boiler.

I would always encourage having a 32kW model though as 24 kW is struggling in cold weather,

The system has to be properly cleaned and should not rely on fitting a magnaclean to do the cleaning. I would never recommend fitting a magnaclean to a newly fitted or cleaned system. There are also some rather better magnetic filters.

We would charge about £840 in London to install the boiler excluding any magnaclean. But it might be a bit cheaper where you are.

Its usually better to get the installer to buy the boiler.

Tony

Thanks for your reply Agile

I thought it would pretty reliable, I'm glad you've confirmed it:)

I note your point on the higher KW and I will probably go for the 32kw

I do think a scale reducer fitted would do it good as in my area (North Lincolnshire) the water is relatively hard.

So besides the magnaclean, in your opinion, what is the best magnetic filter available?

Your right on the price I'm hoping, probably knock a little off for my area as more north than London.

Or the question is do I stick with my 8 year old Ravenheat RSF 82E?

Regards

BW

Apart from spending nearly £2000 I dont see any point in replacing your boiler!

The efficiency savings will be about 12% but thats irrelevant compared with the cost of the new boiler.

But if you have too much money you can always go ahead!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile,

I certainly don't have too much money I can assure you of that..

I note your point on efficiency saving, and you're right the little bit of efficiency savings will be offset by a massive installation cost..

I think the best bet is to get a service on my boiler next month some-time, get some initial quotes and find out what their service entails so I can pick the best one.

Good idea?, with a service every year I'm hoping we can get another 7 years out of it, totalling 15 years of service

regards

bw

although this thread is old its relevant for me. now im looking at a biasi riva 24HE, but im not too sure whether to go for the 32kw one. my current one is a ravenheat 24kw band E. this has been quite good and sufficient so not sure if i would need 32 KW. Agile ive ben advised ur one of the few who like biasi.. any advice plz, everyone else feel free to comment also :D

I have already replied to your same question on another thread.

Most people will be replacing their older Ravenheats within the next five years.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back