Biasi Riva Compact HEMK2 - loosing pressure daily, leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm helping someone could give me some advise.

Our 1 1/2 year Biasi Riva Compact boiler keeps losing pressure daily. We repressurise each evening to 1 1/5 bars so that the heating comes on and by morning we would be back at 0 bar. This has been the case for the past week but before this we were finding our hot water kept going hot -cold -hot -cold (could this be linked?). Rads have been bled.

My husband and I have checked the copper pipe that comes out of the house and this is dry. We also locked out the central heating last night so that we only have hot water and there seems to be no drop in pressure this morning. This would indicate a leak in the CH pipes then right?

We're concerned that we have a 2 bed bungalow with 7 radiators (6 on ground floor + 1 in basement) and are thinking surely we would have noticed water leaking by now if we are at times losing 1 bar in the space of 2 hours? how much water is that likely to be?

If it is a leak can any one suggest other methods of finding it rather than ripping up all the floor boards as we only just 3 days ago completed decorating the last room inthe house!! had a look online about thermal imaging, is this any good? Any ideas on effectivness and price?

To be honest I guess I'm hoping it's a problem with a boiler part so it should be a failry easy mend by a registered corgi person ratehr than having to rip up everything in my house again.

:cry:

Any advice appreciated, Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have confirmed that its a pipework leak. Most likely under floor.

Did you nail through the floor ???

Sometimes its possible to 'hear' a leak at a nearby rad.

Thermal imaging cameras can sometimes help but are very expensive. The picture definition is also very poor.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back