Bidet spray gun regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install a bidet spray gun by the toilet, ideally this would involve sending hot and cold water into a thermostatic mixer then that would feed into the spray gun which would hang next to the cistern.
What I'm worried about is whether the spray gun would have to follow the same regulations as a full bidet system, i.e. the IRN R070 regulations discussed here:
They illustrate a few solutions, but they all look extremely expensive and impractical in the space we have, and it all seems excessive just to install a spray gun? Does anyone have any suggestions or experience? I'm interested in any actual risk of water contamination but also in any legal risk if I later decided to move and rent out the flat for example.

Sponsored Links
The regulations are what they are for good reason. You cannot have a supply feeding a category 5 appliance without having the appropriate back flow prevention. That will either be an adequate air gap or a separate supply isolated from the rest of the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back