Having problems fitting Bidet Toilet Seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi forum,

My father is unfortunately in poor health with cancer, and in an attempt to make him more comfortable we have looked into and bought an automatic bidet seat that fits ontop of their existing toilet and replaces the traditional toilet seat .

It looks like this:

fA82l7r.jpg

We purchased it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-Bidet-Auto-Electronic-Toilet/dp/B00H1URCJ4

And should work like this (couldnt find video of our actual model, but this is similar):

It has a water pipe inlet just behind the control panel which you connect a metal flexipipe that is supplied with the seat, to feed this, we added a T to the water feed that supplies water to the toilet's cistern. The water supply for the toilet comes from a water tank the loft above the bathroom.

Pressure visually seems good, and have taken a photo of the flow here, filling up a 1 litre jug in 9 seconds.

https://goo.gl/photos/feT4j124XbmtdnXV8

An electrical source is also required. It came with a Euro (Schuko plug) that we cut off and wired up into a fused socket in a safe position.

The problem we are having is that the bidet just isnt spraying very well. Pressure and spray coming out of the nozzle seems really weak. Especially as other people who bought it from Amazon have given it top ratings. I even contacted some of the reviewers and one came back after viewing my video below, and said our one performs much weaker than theirs and looks faulty.

Here is a video of how our one performed after installation:

https://goo.gl/photos/dZjHxjiGG13C2LHt8

We thought it may of been a faulty product, so have just received a new one, but unfortunately we are having the same issue.

The Bidet seat did come with a T with a variable control knob on it:

AzlmxgL.jpg

Im presuming to adjust the pressure going to the seat, if it was directly connected to the water mains rathar than a loft tank feed. As we initially thought that this could be stopping full flow of water to the seat, we removed it from the plumbing going to the seat.

Manual suggests the water pressure should be between two figures (havent got the bloody manual to hand at the minute)... but looking at the video of the water filling the jug, it looks like the pressure should be enough surely?

Would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi mate it certainly sounds like limited water pressure is your problem. If you have it connected to a low pressure supply & the water tank is directly over the Bathroom where the bidet is fitted, you'll be lucky if you're getting anything more than .2Bar of water pressure. Why not run a hose from the Kitchen or outside tap, connect it to that & see how the unit performs then?

I can't see a specification on Amazon for the unit, so can't confirm the minimum water pressure.
Remember the Golden Rule; Flow is not the same as Pressure!!

I hope that helps & your Dad's health improves soon.

You need to look at the manual again and check what the water pressure need to make this work.

I have fitted similar one before.

This seat need main water supply and must have a double check valve.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
You don't have enough pressure, it seems it needs approx 3/4 bar min to run, you'll need to run it from mains pressure.

The specification pressure suggests that you need a minimum of around 0.6 bar - with a typical loft tank you'll be lucky to get a third of that.

I don't think that you have any other option other than to connect to mains fed cold (assuming that the seat heats the water).

Looks like a dynamic pressure too!! Mains pressure needed mate. Remember, you've got mains pressure on the inlet into the water tank also.......(y)

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Yes would need to have a measure up of how big a job it will be to bring down from the loft and make sure to clad it.

Can you explain what you mean by dynamic pressure?

Cheers

Dynamic pressure is the working pressure when outlets are being used. Static pressure is when all outlets are closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back