Thermostatic In-Pan Bidet control using two TMV’s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’d really like a Bidet for handling the old claggers, but don’t have room to install one. Luckily, I see there are WC pans available with a Bidet Nozzle built in!
So I’m opening a discussion for the following Harebrained, Heath-Robinson (Not Dan-Robinson) Mechanism:
1. Boiler water is fed to TMV set to say 35 degrees
2. Then supplied to TMV reversed in direction, set to a lower threshold (say 30 degrees).
3. When combi first fires, and supply is still cold, water gets diverted to the cistern (Via the normal hot intake of the TMV)
4. As the water warms up, it gets diverted to the sphincter-nozzle (TM).

2dv217d.png

• The Close-coupled cistern is set with a low water level suitable for No. 1’s
• When the Bidet is used (before flushing), the initial couple of litres of diverted cold water from the boiler, top the cistern up ready to give a more sizeable flush for No. 2’s.
• If too much water is dumped into the cistern, then it overflows via cistern’s internal overflow into pan.

Discuss!

I’m thinking that an In-Pan Bidet is not a thing that water companies are too happy about; so would require at least a double check-valve somewhere, or an air-gap separated connection.
I am aware of the availability of Bidet Seats with built in electrical water heaters for fitting to normal toilets etc, but many of these are cheaply engineered in China, and 240V + Water + My man vegetables sounds like a risky combination!

Sponsored Links
You would need category 5 fluid protection for that set up to comply with water regs to prevent contamination of the main water suppky , which in your case would mean a break tank and booster pump to feed that 1 appliance.
Much easier to go for a Japanese toilet seat.

You would need category 5 fluid protection for that set up to comply with water regs to prevent contamination of the main water suppky , which in your case would mean a break tank and booster pump to feed that 1 appliance.
Much easier to go for a Japanese toilet seat.

...wow, shot down in flames!

Just been reading about fluid categories, and preventing backflow.

I didn't realise that a bidet application would be so demanding!!!

Yes, seems I need a category AA, AB, AD, or AUK1 backflow prevention device for this solution, which means even an rpz valve wont do!

Don't see why i'd need a booster pump per-se though... solution could be easily engineered without one... I just need enough height!

Sponsored Links
Seems like a lot of work when you can buy an electric seat that does the same job.

There are a great many manufacturers who produce in Japan so you do not need to worry about Chinese junk. Mine is a Samsung unit, the GF loves it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back