Cistern flush not correct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
This is my first question to the site! I have just tried to help a friend whose wc did not flush. It had a Dudley Turbo duoflush, and after removing the easy part and not being able to identify any faults, I was baffled, but purchased a replacement anyway and fitted it today for her. Alas, although I can get it to "flush" it is not right. Insufficient water flushes at a time, resulting in a very long slow flush, that resulted in setting up an almost continuous stop/start cistern refilling through ongoing siphoning action. I appear to have cured that by a combination of a higher water level before flushing, and a reduced flow rate, via the service valve in the pipework, to refill the cistern. However, the flush is not as "gushing" as it should be, and I anticipate problems with #2's!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I can think of is that the (close-coupled) WC pan part has some kind of partial blockage not allowing the water to escape into the pan quickly enough - does that make sense?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Check for missing cistern blocks. They are favourite to get sucked up and lodge in the outlet.

Mike

Hi - many thanks for the swift reply! I will have a look after Christmas into any possible missing bits that may have got lodged - it is a mystery at the moment!
Happy Christmas to you, and thanks again for the suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back