Installing cistern so that Toilet seat does hit flush button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay - latest problem. I've a new cistern that sits up against a floor standing housing containg the cistern. WC pan is central to the housing. New cistern is mounted internally centrally in the housingl ...resulting in the flush button, mounted on the front of the housing, interferring with the toilet seat. If i move the cistern to the right, the button will be clear ...but then I have an offset between centre of cistern and centre of WC pan .... So do I need a flexible flush tube? Am I making things too difficult - do people just put up with the seat hitting the button! The current flush tube is not 32mm nor 40mm ...why not ...why introduce a different bloody size of tube.

Steve

Sponsored Links
The current flush tube is not 32mm nor 40mm ...why not ...why introduce a different b****y size of tube.

Steve

cause people don't have them problems.
i've never seen a toilet seat yet that hits the button.
is it a proper cabnet or home made ?

Sponsored Links
Here are some pictures. I'm trying to get the push button aligned with that hole in the plastic cistern. It has just occured to me that perhaps I should be making another cut out/hole in the cistern and routing the blue plastic cable outside of the cistern and then into the back of the button instead. That would enable me to move the hole for the button to the right. Any comments

>

Women have said a flush button behind the seat is a design feature to stop men leaving the seat up :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back