Big Cooker-Big Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer of mine has just bought a Baumatic-Tennessee model SX2F120400TTGV which for anyone who knows uses 400v/3 phase. He is in a domestic single with 230v.
When I read his instructions they refer to 2 other models one a 230v (striaght forward) the other a 230v3 using tetrapolar cable H05rr-f ....
The prob being I have not seen this 230v3 which in the diagram shows L1 and L2 as black blocks (premably wirables) it then shows L3 no black block and earth. There is no neutral.
The diagrams for 400v and 230v both show N, and therefore it would be presumed that L3 is not used as N. In addition I have not seen or have knowledge of this type of cable in 230v i.e with 2/3 lives except lighting.
Can anyone shed some light?

Sponsored Links
ne chance of a pic?

on some ive worked on there are 5 terminals. L1, L2, L3, N and E. for singlr phase, L1, L2 and L3 are connected together with a removeable bar

no pics sorry. There are terminals for what you have said i.e L1,2,3 etc. But the sticker is ticked for 400v but the instructions further offer models with 230v3 showing the said diagram as wiring L1, L2 represented as black blocks in the diagram and L3 as just L3 (no colour indication). But the diamgram shows a cable with 3 cores plus a cpc(this is just for the 230v3)also written as something like 4 x 4 in the instruction book (one of the 4's represent a 4mm cable the other a 4 core(i think)). A before there is no neutral shown in this diagram. The 230v diagram is just a straightforward 3 core.
The customer is returning the model as it is 400v but until I find out what a 230v3 is, it will limitate what model they can swap it for (as they will have to downgrade).

Thought that cooker was a dual-fuel?

With just a double oven to run, WTF does it need 3-phase?

You should have your customer demand that the store pay your additional charges for having to make 2 visits....

Sponsored Links
the unit also has a steak grill on top, grill within the smalloven and a lavar surface (all electric)

afaict there are a lot of homes with the likes of 25A three phase supplies in europe (unlike here in the uk where 3 phase supplies tend to be reserved for larger commercial properties)

so cookers are designed to work on either single phase or 3 phase

also for a load of that size 3 phase may reperesent a saving in cable if you have it availible.

thanks contacted the company they said its europeon translation of the docs I am just to connect it to l1 live l5 neural and earth, job done!
Shame they dont have the same simple instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back