Wiring Boiler Timeswitch - Danfoss 103E7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening can you help me please?

I trying to install a external central heating timeswitch but the wiring diagram only shows it with a room stat which i don't need and I'm getting confused.

I've added diagram of what I currently have (thanks breezer if I've added it right) but here's a description if not.

Mains supply to boiler terminal via 3A FCU
Boiler terminal has:
L3 - N - E - L2 - L1

L3 has brown live
N - Neutral
E - Earth
L2 & L1 - loop

load

L3 - brown live
N - Neutral
E - Earth
L2 - Black?
L1 - Loop to L3

Timewsitch

1 on
2 Spare
3 com
E
4 Neutral
5 Live

I'm sure this is straight forward but I struggling

Many thanks

detail
[/url]

Sponsored Links
dizwoz said:
Good evening can you help me please?

I trying to install a external central heating timeswitch but the wiring diagram only shows it with a room stat which i don't need and I'm getting confused.

it shows it with a stat becasue you do need one (its a building reg thing)

Didn't realise that regs required room stats, please excuse my ignorance but why?

Many thanks

you need to run from the connecter block in your boiler a bit of 4 core flex, L3 to L, N to N and the S/L side of link to the ON terminal

it may also req a link between L and C check clock instructions

this is also providing you boiler works with 240v external controls. some are volt free. please check boiler installation guide

room stats are part of regs now for effeciency

Sponsored Links
Gents

Thanks for that I'll give it a go, but regarding the room stat are these required in addition to valve stats?

dizwoz said:
Gents

Thanks for that I'll give it a go, but regarding the room stat are these required in addition to valve stats?
If you mean the stats on radiators (they are called TRV's) then yes you do require a room stat too, also one rad (usualy bathroom) should have no trv

its because if they all close where is the water going to go? (it cant) i learnt all this from the plumbing forum

dizwoz said:
Didn't realise that regs required room stats, please excuse my ignorance but why?

Many thanks

Sorry, diz, but if you have to ask basic questions like this, you need to swot up before you can complete the job...

Thank you all the timeswitch is working perfectly together with new room stat.
Thanks you also Securespark I'm sure there are lots of parts to the building regs that I don't know thats why I come on here and seek your expert advice and it's much appreciated.

Until next time!

Cheers

dizwoz said:
I'm sure there are lots of parts to the building regs that I don't know thats why I come on here and seek your expert advice and it's much appreciated.

Until next time!

Cheers

May i suggest you do as i do, read, its entertaining and true

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back