Big Labour shortage here in Scotland!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With an increase in new builds and the shortage of good Timeserved Plumbers, many guys are now on very big money. £20/hour on some jobs is not uncommon. Self Employed guys are making £1-1.2K a week.
The tide has certainly turned, which is great!!

Sponsored Links
Richard, do not know where that info is from, I had a call from one of the big players offering me £24.84 for boiler service :confused:

We dont greatly see that in the other place Richard!

As far as I can tell in London the number of adverts for plumbing jobs in the evening Standard is far fewer. Just ONE a couple of days ago. 10-15 years ago there would have been five or six!

I can only imagine that the jobs are being filled by east europeans!

Tony

Richard, do not know where that info is from, I had a call from one of the big players offering me £24.84 for boiler service :confused:

Ironically, the central heating trade is completely awash with one-man-bands DP. I say ironically, as prior to the 08 crash the best money you could make was in central heating & Gas servicing work.

Sponsored Links
by the title i think you mean the snp are devastating the labour vote at the min :D

by the title i think you mean the snp are devastating the labour vote at the min :D

Either would be a disaster for Scotland BA. I mean Labour get in to power, spend like a drunk sailor & get us deeper into debt!! The SNP couldn't run a Sweet Shop, since they took control of the NHS for example the waiting list time has doubled & the Hospitals are manky!!

No, the only way forward for the UK is UKip or the BNP. Get rid of the scroungers & British jobs for the Brits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back