bigger pipes ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got new job in a big house with three floors, house has three boilers, myson marathon and cylinder supplying basement rads and basement hw, gw flexi 30hx supplying heat to ground and 1st floor and another gw 15hx supplying hw to cylinder supplying ground and 1st floor, obviously customer wants to scrap the lovely old marathon etc to make room for work in the basement, so needs a supply new supply of dhw and heat for the basement, hw is not going to be a problem, but what is troubling me is getting enough heat out of the gw 30kw counting up all the rads its currently supplying 17.7kw of radiators and I want to get another 11.6kw out of it, the pump is a grundi 15.50, the primaries are 28mm, would I be right in thinking you cant get much more than 20kw out of this set up ? and hence I'd need to go up to 35mm?

Sponsored Links
28mm will cope with 35kw easily enough.
And up too 70kw depending on how its calculated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks - depending on how it's calculated or how it's installed? ! Your saying a 30c between flow and return?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back