Billie-joe case Jenkins aquittal

pickles said:
<an awfully big and pragmatic lump of common sense, honesty and decency>

pickles said:
He's had an article published in the Sunday Telegraph which doesn't really say much but makes pretty harrowing reading
As you say, harrowing. The Deer Hunter has nothing on this tale.

Sponsored Links
Personally I can't believe that 'pushing and shoving' go on in most relationships :eek: . If my hubby admitted to me that he'd murdered one of our kids it'd be a race of who could get to him first, me or the police!

I do wonder what went on that day though and no matter how badly that poor kid may or may not have behaved she certainly did not deserve to die and especially in the way she did.

Only SJ truly knows whether he did actually kill her or not, if he did then his lies will eventually trip him up. If he didn't then I hope he finds the peace he deserves.

I just hope that poor girl is now at peace RIP Billie-Jo.

Yes .. Im sure that living with that kind of guilt , would destroy you inside eventually ...
but if he is innocent , it will be very hard/impossible for him to have a normal life again , unless emigrates to Oz , even then in a few years the press will track him down an destroy his life again ... ...

Notice that the Sun had been up to its old tricks again this weekend, with the big headline reading 'You Coward' because SJ wouldn't go in and be wired up for their lie-detector test for the amusement of its readers. Apparently its not sufficient to be found not guilty by the courts any more, you have to have the Sun telling its readers whether you are guitly or not. As I said before, this is all a bit too Colin Stagg for my liking.

Regarding the Sun, I wonder if they've taken against him because a) He won't play the press game and sell them exclusive shots of him looking wistful and his story of life on the inside or is it b) it doesn't sit too well with the hang up any child killer convicted on incontrovertible expert evidence angle. Either way, its pretty ****ty that he's going to be at risk of attack from knuckle-draggers whenever he goes out for a pint in this country.

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
Notice that the Sun had been up to its old tricks again this weekend, with the big headline reading 'You Coward' because SJ wouldn't go in and be wired up for their lie-detector test for the amusement of its readers. Apparently its not sufficient to be found not guilty by the courts any more, you have to have the Sun telling its readers whether you are guitly or not. As I said before, this is all a bit too Colin Stagg for my liking.

Regarding the Sun, I wonder if they've taken against him because a) He won't play the press game and sell them exclusive shots of him looking wistful and his story of life on the inside or is it b) it doesn't sit too well with the hang up any child killer convicted on incontrovertible expert evidence angle. Either way, its pretty s that he's going to be at risk of attack from knuckle-draggers whenever he goes out for a pint in this country.

Absolutely right, but they'll loose interest now, unless he goes to bits and argues with the new wife/dog /neighbours

pickles said:
Absolutely right, but they'll loose interest now, unless he goes to bits and argues with the new wife/dog /neighbours

Chances are it'll be a member of the press that goads him into attacking them, thus increasing the feeding frenzy. Bit like.....oh I'm not going to mention him again....

hermes said:
johnny_t said:
knuckle-draggers .
Anyone in particular? :D

Couldn't possibly say. ;)

It used to be in Scotland that the jury could bring a "not proven" judgement and perhaps still is.
Perhaps this should be the case in England / Wales.
The Judge had allowed a majority verdict of 10-2 so it could well have been the majority thought him guilty.
He was aquitted and wasnt found "not guilty" which is somewhat different.

Someone close to the case said on the radio the other day that it was 9-3 in Jenkins favour, but they were quickly hushed up, as you're not supposed to talk about that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
Back