Bio Ethanol/gel fire heaters, any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, been looking for a contemporary heater for my sisters house, the guest room to be specific.

Been looking at these wall mounted/wall hung electrical heaters but from other peoples experiences they are rubbish as heaters and dont quite warm the room up.

Likewise been looking everywhere including ebay and come across these bio ethanol heaters. Look similar to some of these wall hung electrical heaters but work in a different way and possibly cheaper to run too.

Below are two links to give you an idea of what im talking about. Please have a look and give me your thoughts. Are they better in giving heat etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Design-Bio-Et...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIO-ETHANOL-F...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Furthermore, how cheap and easy is it to get the "bio ethanol" from uk.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You have answered your own question.

how cheap and easy is it to get the "bio ethanol" from uk.

Do you know anywhere that sells it?

and why is it both you linked to are in Germany? is it becuse they have lots of the fuel over there? and easy to get to?

what if it has to be stored in a tank like oil does, not so cheap then is it.

has your sister not got gas central heating? if not get either that or oil heating for the whole house

Hi Breezer, thanks for your reply matey.

still dont know how ive answered my first question, maybe im just not getting the point ;)

Regarding central heating, yes she does have central heating throughout the house but she has the main face of her wall a little bland and was wanting something on there that would look good as well as do "something". We were looking at photos of interior design and like the idea of people having this trend of installing plasma like heaters on their walls. Now they all look good but the electric ones are so smart in terms of giving off heat.

Likewise Im wanting to know how good are they heatwise to start with.

Regarding the links. I was just searchin for fireplaces on ebay uk and strangely these come up in the search. Both looked nice, so thought id post the links.

So guys, any of the big diy/retail stores out there that sell fire gel or gel fire whatever it is called?

Furthermore anyone had experience of how warm these are.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back