Bit of help with new drainage to main sewer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I mentioned a while back that i had a problem with a blocked drain,and wanted to change the layout to enable the waste to go straight to the main sewer drain.I dug the pit yesterday,and found that the old gulley was cracked,split and god knows what else.Thats not a problem,as i worj for Jewson so will be getting the new parts this week.Im going to go for plastic/orange Hepworth gulley,and pipe.Anyway,s heres a pic of the progress ive made from digging the hole for the new pipe.Ive put a temporary extension from the washing machine/sink to the drain for now but im getting it finished up this week.

Am i right in saying that i have to use small 10mm shingle as a bed for the new pipe,and also to cover it when installed?I intend on putting a small paving slab under the gulley to support it,and will then connect the rest of the pipe before putting shingle on top.Im assuming that ill only need the gulley,a bend and roughly 2m of pipe which i will have to cut from a 3m length.Im also going to use a core drill to cut the entrance for the new pipe into the drain.Im assuming that a Macrist core drill will cut through this concrete,but it seems to be very tough.

Any help is much appreciated.

Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back