Black Friday. Are you falling for it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve ordered a Firestick 4K Ultra HD for £29.99 instead of the usual £49.99 and I’m waiting to see if a Bose soundbar that Mrs Mottie is buying me for my birthday goes down but apart from that, if it’s anything like previous years it’s just the shyte that they want rid of and are 'discounting', just like any normal sale. Most 'bargains' on the day are just not! A few years ago I waited for the sale as I wanted a set of Bose Bluetooth noise cancelling earphones for my daughter and they went UP a tenner on the day!

Have you got your eyes on anything?

Sponsored Links
I use Firefox as a browser so can't speak for other browsers but Firefox allows you to add various Add-On's to enhance your browsing. I haven't many enabled many but one that works brilliantly is Keepa, which provides a price tracking history on Amazon which tracks the price of whatever you look at on Amazon and you can see it's price history, since it became available, be it new/used/from Amazon or Marketplace so you can instantly tell if that bargain really is a bargain or not. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/keepa/

So for example this is the price history of your Fire stick since it became available so it's never been lower than £29.99.

keepa.jpg

Last edited:
I’m waiting to see if a Bose soundbar that Mrs Mottie is buying me for my birthday goes down
Ah sod it, just ordered it from John Lewis and I’m getting it tomorrow. They have a 28 day price promise but I’ll bet you any money you like, it won’t go down on Black Friday. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Considering getting a front and rear dashcam, anyone got any suggestions. I know it's been raised before, but techneology runs apace.

Ah sod it, just ordered it from John Lewis and I’m getting it tomorrow. They have a 28 day price promise but I’ll bet you any money you like, it won’t go down on Black Friday. :rolleyes:
Good luck getting John Lewis to honour price match. I bought a couple of MacBooks from them, then Black Friday came along and Argos were cheaper. Asked to price match - they refused. So returned both computers and bought from Argos. It was only £100 difference but f*em

Bought 2 PCs this month (the joys of working from home and schooling from home) and both were 10% off in the pre-black-Friday-marketing-month, so £90 saved. Those were worth it. Other than that, if I don't already have it then I probably don't need it.

Good luck getting John Lewis to honour price match. I bought a couple of MacBooks from them, then Black Friday came along and Argos were cheaper. Asked to price match - they refused. So returned both computers and bought from Argos. It was only £100 difference but f*em
Well, they say it on their site and anyway, the Bose comes with two years guarantee wherever you buy it from but as I said, I’ll be surprised if it’s reduced anywhere. We'll see!

I asked them to price match an xbox..refused...they said it was different packaging.lieing fookers

Isn't that because JL sell laptops with a 2 year guarantee but Argos are one year?
I always buy my electrical stuff from JL. Normally the same price as elsewhere but with 2 years guarantee. 5 years on most tellys over a certain size plus I can collect it next day from my local Waitrose.

Sponsored Links
Back