Black Friday I thought it was 15th April 1921?

Very good point. I often joke it's a good job not everyone's like me, as I'm only a consumer when I absolutely need to be.

Same here. Newest vehicle is over 16 years old (other is 34 years old) and still using Nokia 6100. If everyone was like me we wouldn't have an economy. Spend the money on good food, wine, beer and experiences, holidays, etc - not more junk. Tight as two coats of paint! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Same here. Newest vehicle is over 16 years old (other is 34 years old) and still using Nokia 6100. If everyone was like me we wouldn't have an economy. Spend the money on good food, wine, beer and experiences, holidays, etc - not more junk. Tight as two coats of paint! :rolleyes:

I disagree; we'd have a different economy, which would probably be a better one for most.

Don't get me started on Easter. Eggs will be on sale from January. All very desperate! :rolleyes:

Trouble is, for many Brits spending and the buzz it gives them is pretty much all they have in their lives. Take that away and they have very little left. We're not citizens or subjects any more - just consumers programmed to await the next 'must-have, essential', piece of technojunk or whatever they're desperate to sell us.

I've said this before; shopping is the religion for many.

People waiting for humanitarian food parcels behaved better, iirc.

Skanks, scrapping over stuff they don't even want, let alone need. Most don't have the brain to actually realise it though.

"Shopping" - Religion / Opiate for the mouth-breathers

I look on my winter coat as being new (approx. 12 years old) and my trainers (approx. 6 years old.) I've never seen the point in consuming for the sake of it. I've had my current smartphone for around 6 years and I'm only thinking of changing cause more and more stuff doesn't function properly on it.

There again, I come from the county of Fife in Scotland and we're known for being a bit tight ;)

Sponsored Links
Back