Black washer dryer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loads of washing machines around, but I can't find a washer dryer. Anyone know if they exist?!

Sponsored Links
Trust me the colour of it makes no differance they are all sh*t, i shall explain

great invention, wash and dry your clothes in in 1 appliance.

now lets look at that in more detail

FACT
They can only dry half the washload (you have to take half out,if it was full)

They use water while drying to cool the condensor

The condensor gets blocked with lint over time

The fact that they recycle the air means they dry differntly (no air vent)

If the condensor gets a leak you cant wash either (you still have a leak)

You cant wash and dry at the same time

There is more to go wrong

They cost alot more

One company changed all WD's to just W

a a pain in the butt to fix / work on.

a washer and a dryer are a much better option since they dont have the problems a wd does.

At the price of the unit shown you could get two half decent singles for less. :p :p

Sponsored Links
What if you don't have space for two units, have electric radiators which you cannot dry on, have limited space for hanging up wet washing and live 5 miles from a launderette?!

In all serious, I am aware they are not as good as separate units, but in the situation I am in, it would definitely be handy (not to use necessarily all the time) to have a dryer as well.

never heard of stacking appliances?

they really do stack one on top of the other

Hmm, I have heard of them. Although the roof of the flat starts to slope quite low down the wall, so not sure there would be room height wise.

go on a website and get the dimensions of 2 separates.

i beleive there are some small td's out there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back