Blair's new house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, so the Blairs have just bought a new house in Connaught Square. A bargain at 3.5 million.

Now, I know blow-up-doll-face and Phony are both barristers, but surely barristers don't earn enough for 3.5 million pound houses. And if I recall a prime minister earns £150K give or take (emphasis ON THE TAKE ;) ).

So, HOW on EARTH does Phony afford to buy such an expensive house? Or has he been using his Nectar card when buying fuel for the recent war, and bought the house on his points?

Sponsored Links
earns £150K

I think that is excluding expenses - could be the deciding factor in this instance - what do you reckon? Maybe Gordon's lent them a bit of spare dosh from the Treasury.

I think I should be a share holder in this with the amount of tax I pay. Maybe I could come and stay for a weekend?

You must remember Mandy's loan It's all about knowing the 'right' people.

I just wish i could get power, first thing would imprison the lot, then abolish all perks and pensions for those lot of corrupt bast--ds.

WHOSE UP FOR A REVOLUTION ??????????/

Sponsored Links
wickerman said:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I know everyone always feels they are the ones being put upon, but I have always felt like this current government penalises the middle-class middle-income families above all else. So what are the chances of a "middle-class revolution"? What kind of laws could be introduced?

1) The compulsory hosting or attendance of dinner parties at least once a month
2) Any conversation longer than 10 minutes must include mention of house prices and/or loft conversions
3) Any meeting with the teachers of one's children must include "little Johnny/Janey is super-duper intelligent and must be put up a year"

I only jest because I am super-duper middle class myself! :LOL:

AdamW said:
Now, I know blow-up-doll-face and Phony are both barristers, but surely barristers don't earn enough for 3.5 million pound houses. And if I recall a prime minister earns £150K give or take (emphasis ON THE TAKE ;) ).

So, HOW on EARTH does Phony afford to buy such an expensive house? Or has he been using his Nectar card when buying fuel for the recent war, and bought the house on his points?
Do me a Favour!

A concern.... How can he possibly understand the everyday problems and concerns of Mr AverageResources and below ? Or even reallycare ? They bought two flats at Bristol when the boy went up to Uni there .... We have to pay £200 p/m rent alone ! Plus the big higher Ed increases on the horizon ....

CB was earning in excess of £250k ... allegedly ! So grossing around £450k between them ... rough estimate of take home £240k But would be more I reckon, due to .. accountancy strategies allowable.

So more than £20k per month .... £1M Mortgage costs £5,781 per month at 5% over 25 yrs. or 29% of their take home. £2 Mortgage costs £11,562 pm. 58% of that minimum take home.
Investment income (wot abaht that rent from £3.5M home then ?), perhaps sale of any properties owned, Other income 2 flats Brissle rents ... job expenses etc (In their professions probly exceeds salaries ) .... They can easily afford £3.5 M home !!
Look at the potential .. Antonius will make a fortune on the old gravy train circuit of after dinner waffle etc etc upon retirement from politics .. big guaranteed pensions ... CB ...Judge etc.. A very capable woman indeed ....
I have a big fear What if they are actually genuine and enough of us cannot see it ? ..... Forget the old newspaper propaganda becomes a tired joke after a while ... Glance at the Mail .. not long past playing up the B's earnings to set them apart from us all ... Now asking .. 'How can they mortgage a place for £3.5 M given their relatively meager incomes ?' ... People do only read some papers for the sport coverage !! :D :D :D :D

;)

pipme said:
I have a big fear What if they are actually genuine and enough of us cannot see it ?

I used to have a big fear of monsters coming out from under my bed. I think there is more chance of that happening than Bliar being discovered to be genuine... :rolleyes:

wickerman said:
I just wish i could get power, first thing would imprison the lot, then abolish all perks and pensions for those lot of corrupt bast--ds.

Steady mate. Would be nice for you to start that ...................considering you are in the Emerald Isle :D

AdamW said:
pipme said:
I have a big fear What if they are actually genuine and enough of us cannot see it ?

I used to have a big fear of monsters coming out from under my bed. I think there is more chance of that happening than Bliar being discovered to be genuine... :rolleyes:

But those dyed in the blue only see red devils .... I mean old Johnno the grey was pretty decent wasn't he ?
I think back ... just prior to Johnnock's rain ;) High ranking Tories lounging about a round table each staunch in their refusal to go for PMinaturship .. due in no small part to a huge wake left by HMS Thatcham the secure... Then, when all seemed thankfully lost, from the mists of greyness Johnno swims invitingly into view ... Before he could piece together his immaculate civil serviced statement of refusal the old bu99er was skinned and delivered onto the cold slab of immense failure ..... He was verily egged on, but alass rose to the wrong occasion !! Aiding his ascension without trace into the obscurity of Lords members' pavillion. There to dream of Eggwina and horizontal premiership ... whilst partaking the salmonella sandwich of fate.
P

Obviously the reason he has bought a new house is because he is going to need one!

He only needs to pay the interest for now. I shouldn't be suprised if his memoirs or WHY, don't pay for this house and more.

His reported health problems are an ideal opportunity(excuse?)for early retirement on full pension and perks.

The party must surely have doubts about whether he is an asset or liability, especially as more comes out on Iraq.

In retirement the Americans would consider him a prima donna and pay him fortunes for speeches etc. Either way he can't lose.

I would be suprised if he is in office this time next year.

I'll wager that the Bs receive as much in expenses as they do salaries.
From my knowledge of Directors in Industry, I have absolutely no doubt on that score !!
That new house will be rented out ... probably to civil servants at an inflated rent of course.
The 'set up' for early retirement ... is a good shout, seen a few go on that one when at work. .... And they remained active golfers !!

:idea: Hang on ... But this is what our system is all about isn't it ? Money then Power ..... For right or for wrong we are pretty much the same, in some way or another.

Sponsored Links
Back