Blank monitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am having issues with my desktop monitor. Normally when I turn the computer on it goes through the loading process and the monitor displays the status. Recently though the monitor remains blank during the start up and remains that way. The monitor power light changes from standby to power on as it always has and the computer can be heard making all the usual loading sounds.This only happens occasionally but when it does obviously I can't use it and have to shut it down by pressing and holding the power button. I have replaced them VGA cable. When this happens I usually leave it shut down for a few hours and try again and to date it has then worked fine. This seems to be happening every few weeks. Any ideas .?

Sponsored Links
How old is the monitor and PC?

Do you have the option to use or try a digital connection?

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, on each one please press the THANKS button which appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back