Bled Raidiators and now they don't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Some of my raidiators were cold at the top so I bled the whole lot in the house.The raids downstairs released air then some water came out (the water was purple not sure if that means anything) then the upstairs ones didnt release anything.

After I bled the raidiators none of them work, my hot water has stopped working, when I turn the boiler off then on it comes on for 10 secs then turns itself off.

And i'm freezing

If anyone can give me an idea of what the solution to the problem is, it would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
As stated above, go to your boiler and you should see a pressure gauge. It will probably be on zero. You now need to fill the system with mains water. Look to see if you have a filling loop (a braided flexi pipe with a valve at each end. Open both valves and you should hear water going into the system. Keep filling until the pressure goes up. (it might say on the boiler what the operating pressure should be)) if not, try 1.5. Then close both valves.

If you don't have a flexi filling loop, check your boiler instructions for how to fill the system.

Check you have closed all the rad bleed valves first.

+1 for repressurise. Whats the make and model of the boiler?

Purple water? Thats a new one on me! Antifreeze maybe?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys guys

Boiler make : Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828 E

I've just repressurised it with help from a youtube video and i'm just seeing if the raidiators turn hot now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back