Bleeding apart from the radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There seems to be alot of air in the system - on boiler firing up there seems to a sudden rush of air and I can also hear the air running through the pipes. I have bled all rads but they dont produce any air apart from the highest rad (towel rail) but only a small amount comes out.

Is there anything else I can bleed to stop this? The header tank in the loft as not lid so will this have an effect?

The system is about 26 y/o, baxi bermuda back boiler.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It'll be sludge, and its effects, that you can hear. You can add a desluder/restorer, wait a week or so , drain and refill a couple of times, and add a protector/inhibitor.

But that may not be a total solution, or it could conceivably make things worse. You might end up needin to do more, including cutting blocked bits of pipe out, and getting an expensive powerflush done. Also see FAQ section.

Your boilers old but that makes no difference - even if you changed it, you'd still have to clean the system.

I think the system has been de sludged. I have bought the house recently and noticed two empty bottles in the loft already used for flushing out the system.

Do you think it needs doing again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back