Bleeding radiators, air releasing but not water???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had air in some of my radiators (well most!) so I've been bleeding the air our of them but on a couple of radiators (upstairs) I've had lots of air coming out but then the air stops hissing and I don't get any water squirting out that you normally would do. Also the heater is heating up better but the top of the radiator remains cold?

Any advise would be welcome!

Sponsored Links
If it is a conventional open vent system check your small header tank in the loft is full of water. If it is you will have a blockage in the cold feed from the header tank where it t's into the rest of the pipework.

If its a combi or system boiler you need to repressurise your system with water before continuing to bleed rads.

Have you turned the system off while you are doing this and where are these two radiators?

Stan

Both radiators are upstairs (bathroom and a bedroom). I've tried bleeding with boiler off and then again when on! I know I shouldn't have when on! The boiler pressure is sometimes struggling with low pressure, so perhaps it's this!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back