Bleeding Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have attempted to bleed one of my radiators, and when I do so, it appears that, rather than bleed the radiators, I am in fact draining the central heating system. I have drawn this conclusion due to the pressure of the water being ommited from the rad and the quantity of water being omitted. I have a Worcester Bosch Combi. What should I do? drain the system, or do I have something wrong with my set-up?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer.

You should bleed the radiators when the system is cold. When bleeding, you should stop when water comes out and no more air, then do the same to all radiators.

With a combi system you will need to re pressureise it as you are reducing the pressure, the needle on the little gauge on the boiler should be at or close to 1 bar after you have re pressureised it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back