Block in a radiator pipe - any tips please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so my radiator downstairs isn't heating up. Kindly plumber says there's water in it, but a blockage somewhere. He suggests I pay him over £400 for a powerflush for the whole system... so I'm naturally looking a cheaper solution!

The rad in question, starts to heat up from one end. The pipe away from the radiator at the other end stays cold. However, the wall beneath it, where the pipes are hidden away, feels warm - suggesting to me the main pipe is clear and it's this little section which has a block in it?

Forgive me, I'm in the dark here, but is there any way to encourage a little block to budge, that isn't paying £400 for a powerflush? Besides which, wouldn't it be cheaper just to have a new (clean) radiator fitted?!

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Check that your kind plumber hasn,t shut one of the valves off. Check both end. You may need a spanner for one end.
If you have a thermostatic valve, remove the head and check pin is free to move.
Turn off all radiators exept naughty one and run your system on heating only if all these things are done and naughty rad stays cold then you may have a blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back