Block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hope you are all well and keeping safe!
I am currently int he process of landscaping my garden and wanted to put in a rather large flower bed and a small retaining wall to level garden. I did consider using railway sleepers but i like the look of rendered block-work. The retaining wall is only small and will provide edging for the patio. I wanted to render the retaining wall and flower bed with no coping stones on the top.

The flower bed will be approximately 500mm in height and the retaining wall will be around 250mm and therefor i am not able to incorporate a DPC as it would effect the integrity of the wall and flowerbed.

I have read that people have had damp issues and render falling off and crumbling away after 12 months or so. I wanted to know if anyone is aware of a product that i can use to help waterproof the flower bed and wall from rising damp.

I am aware that i can use a DPM in the flower bed to stop the moisture from the soil penetrating the wall but are there any other solutions available?

Thanks for reading and i would appreciate any help provided!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back