Blockage after sink p trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't figure this one out. Have put a metal spring deblocker down the pipe but it stops after 2m, I presume it can't get round the bend.
I put chemicals down but the sink still blocks.
The ptrap on the left is clear.
When I pour liquid down the flex pipe on right, if I lift it higher than the exit, liquid seems to run. Yet when I connect it normally, the sink blocks.

Does the level of each pipe look correct?

20160901_090422.jpg

Sponsored Links
There's a perfect example of where a flexi pipe is not required nor advised. The half bowl sink on the right is not trapped and that flexi pipe is acting like a trap when it's not designed to. That sink needs to be piped correctly.

There's a perfect example of where a flexi pipe is not required nor advised. The half bowl sink on the right is not trapped and that flexi pipe is acting like a trap when it's not designed to. That sink needs to be piped correctly.
Agreed but it should still flow at the moment?
I'm just wondering if there's anything specific in the piping that would prevent it.

Last edited:
Yes, of course it should flow ok. Did it flow correctly before and it doesn't now? If so then yes you have a restriction further down the run, possibly in behind the cabinet.

Sponsored Links
Yes, of course it should flow ok. Did it flow correctly before and it doesn't now? If so then yes you have a restriction further down the run, possibly in behind the cabinet.
I tried putting one of those metal flex rods down but can't seem to get round one corner even twisting it.
Tried chemicals also and a hosepipe with pressure. Still flowing extremely slowly.

Go to Wickes and buy a wet vac for about £50, disconnect the flexi from the waste and suck the blockage out. then remove the whole waste/trap arrangement and fit it (or a new one) correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back