Blocked drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has just phoned me to say that some water has been accumulating around a drain at the rear of her house. One of her neighbours has taken a look and thinks it's coming from the drain cover next to her 'other' kitchen (it's a large house, it used to be two properties) and that it's possibly as a result of the washing machine being on.

I would imagine that it's become blocked under the grating, but who would she call to unblock it?

Would the council do it (for free? if so, which department?) or would she need to call in a plumber?

There are no problems with drainage from the 'main' part of the property (which is on another side of the house).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Call a Plumber mate. Firms like Dynorod charge a fortune and it could just be a fairly simple job.

but get one who isn`t Gas Safe - they charge a lot too :LOL: and they don`t like getting their hands dirty

Sponsored Links
Take the grate up, stick your arm down, and pull the crap out of the gully trap., it takes about five minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back