Blocked Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Can anybody please shed some light on this problem for me?

I have a Hotpoint First Edition (FEW 12) washing machine and the fabric conditioner in the loading tray does not go donw/get used. The wash powder compartment is fine but the conditioner never gets used. I have taken the tray/drawer out and thoruoghly cleaned it and there are no blockages in it, put it back in the machine, put the conditioner in and it still remains there after the wash cycle (whichever I put it on) has finished? I have used Calgon machine cleaner and that has not cleared it. I presume it is just blocked pipes from the tray to the drum but cant fathom out how to clean them (if it is that)

any help will be gratefully received
thanks

Sponsored Links
at the end of the wash is there water added to the conditioner, is the tray full???

at the end of the wash is there water added to the conditioner, is the tray full???

Hi

None of the conditioner has gone and it looks like there is a small amount of water floating on top of the conditioner.

take the lid off
you probably have more than one valve from the hot or cold water feed.
if thats the case one of the valves has possibly stopped working

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that if either the hot or cold water inlets are not working (I presume you mean blocked?) then the conditioner wont get washed into the drum but the powder does? The wash powder goes through no problem, are the powder and conditioner compartments (same drawer) flushed through by seperate water feeds??

no not neccessarily blocked ,
might not be working electrically ,
need to test each valve to eliminate this part first .

Hmmm? didnt know washers had electrically operated valves on the water inlets? I think this might be getting beyond a home "have-a-go" fix

not being funny, but if they didnt, what did you suppose stops the water coming in?

not being funny, but if they didnt, what did you suppose stops the water coming in?

Point taken, but in my defense, not having any background in domestic electrical or plumbing areas, its not even something I would have ever thought about, nor supposed. Much the same as a car driver only needs to know: turn the key and the engine starts, they dont need to know (or think about) how the engine works. If it goes wrong, they ask a mechanic, hence I am asking for advice here.

:( :confused: :cry:

if you have a look at the valves there is ELECTRIC wires attached

i'd by a new machine if i was you

i would clean the big hole in the dispenser roof the first one .with a cable tie poked in the hole .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back